You may know what happened on the battlefield . . .
but do you know what happened to the civilians in town?
Travel back in time with a guide in period attire as you walk through the Shrivers’ meticulously restored 1860 home to learn the other side of the story - the civilian side of the Battle of Gettysburg. Connect to the past while you listen to the story of George, Hettie, Sadie (7) and Mollie (5) unfold as you move from room to room to appreciate what life was like before, during, and after the Civil War.
• Built in 1860 as new residence/business: 'Shriver's Saloon & Ten-Pin Alley'
• Every room is frozen in time and furnished to its 1860s appearance
• Authentic sharpshooters’ nest in the attic - where two Confederates died
• Used as a hospital - medical supplies found hidden in house
• Filming site for PBS, History Channel, A&E, Discovery Channel and more
Introduction to the Shriver House Museum
Winter Getaway in Gettysburg
Our hometown is full of excitement, fun and even the unexpected. There's always something to do.